19 May 2006

Live like a monk month - the strategy

So, my brother and dad are signed up for this. Dad's going to take my cards from me (with strict instructions not to buy things off the internet with it) and my brother's joining in. I've been trying to work out strategies. Here are some of the ideas, in no particular order...

  • Only "done a poo" at work - hence removing the need for loo paper.

  • Stop going out for lunch. It's not something I do much - in fact this is only going to save me about £10 over the month - but that's enough.

  • Bike in to work. I've been doing that out of necessity the past few weeks, because I didn't have the Metro, but I have to remain strong and not be tempted to drive any more than I have to.

  • Do a proper planned shop - maybe even sharing lifts with my brother and getting stuff together.

  • Eat all the stuff I have in the freezer. Not all together, of course, because that would be nasty. I'm going to start tonight with the quiche I have. Mmm, cold egg pie. Love it.

  • Eat more biscuits at work. I put a pound a week into the biscuit kitty; I don't think I'm getting my money's worth at the moment. Although I doubt they'd appreciate my idea of bringing a doggy-bag.


Any other ideas? Use the comment thingy. No-one has for ages. I'm starting to think no-one reads this.

No comments: