02 March 2007

Concentration

For some reason I'm having real trouble concentrating at home at the moment. I know I have loads of work to do, but I just can't do it. It's not even as if I'm being distracted by anything in particular - I'm just not able to work at home very well. One solution - although it's going to end up very expensive - is that Ta Bouche, a coffee place/restaurant/bar in Cambridge has free wifi, good food and attractive passers-by. I'm thinking of becoming a regular there so I can cheekily ask to plug my laptop in and not be limited to three and a half hours' work.

I have loads on at the moment - writing proposals, doing work for existing clients, the usual month-end admin stuff, and concentration just isn't happening. I think I might hop on the bus soon. Especially because Clare Grogan is standing in for Nemone on 6 Music and I don't really like her.

My whiteboard is working out well - it's always full and I update it every day as things happen. Very reassuring to know I've got enough work to be able to do that. More work would always be appreciated though...

Oh, and I'm thinking of going limited before the end of the year. If I can maintain my levels of work for another couple of months and build up a bit of capital - and if I can get through my tax self-assessment...

No comments: