09 October 2005

British Ploughing Championships - no, really.


head down for speed
Originally uploaded by Maltpress.

After an exceedingly busy week at work, I had some R&R this morning in the shape of the British Ploughing Championships in Soham. Not exactly a tense morning of high-octane sport, but very interesting and lovely to get out in the early autumn sun.

It was classic tractors and horses today (the rather dull modern tractors were yesterday) - and while we didn't stay very long, it was still great fun. Seeing the traction engine ploughing was fascinating too. Sadly the batteries on my camera were running out by then.

If I thought anyone would be interested, I'd describe it all to you - but you can real all about it here

I don't care how sad it is - I enjoyed myself.

No comments: